Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Ruby Tuesday On A Sunday Morning


http://workofthepoet.blogspot.com


not really on a tuesday but on a bright sunday morning, the little red car and i drove over to pick "my kids" up for sunday school.


oh the grass was a deep green but alas most of the leaves had fallen!


we thought this red truck with the mound of golden leaves beside it would make for a nice photo as we waited for the children.


"oh, but look at this" said the little red car,"just look at all of those bright orange pumpkins!"
and so i snapped a picture.



this little dolly was the first one out of the door, so i asked her to sit by the carving that she had done and here she proudly sits with her creation and with her bible clutched in her little hands.


and then there were two...out stepped her older brother into the scene and into the picture with HIS pumpkin.


oh do we see three kids now among all of those pumpkins?...ah ha...ANOTHER older brother!


and yet ANOTHER....what a sweet family!.."ok guys, get your act together now and straiten yourselves out so we can see all of your faces...yours and the pumpkins!"



"oh so much better!"...now isn't this just the sweetest family you ever did see?
they have been coming to sunday school now for about six years and it is my pleasure to pick them up every sunday morning!
and today, i wish to use them for mary's ruby tuesday!




the three younger kids and i and the little red car had to leave this little sweetie behind....alas he was not feeling that well and so we had to say good bye to him and wish for him to get better!

happy ruby tuesday everyone and with god's blessings, we will sing this little song to you,

"everybody ought to go to sunday school.
sunday school!
sunday school!
the men and the women and the boys and the girls,
everybody ought to go to sunday school! "

ha! mom golden and the her nine kids used to sing this song in sunday school and it is still dear to my heart!

10 comments:

Heidi said...

Wow you really found a lot of red this week! I have to admit that I struggled a little. But you just showed me that I need to just be a little more observant while I'm out and about doing my everyday things. Very nice post, and I too think everyone should go to Sunday School!
If you'd like to stop by my blog I'm at Cake Crumbs.

Jim said...

Hi Terry, this is an very nice post. You are a nice lady to transport those kids faithfully to SS. And your Little Red Car is nice for them too.
I am glad you posted this, mine wasn't Tuesday taken either, we had a picnic at John and Marilyn's place for the car club on a Saturday last month.
..
I visited a cowboy church service here one Sunday where a grown man was baptised in the horse tank they were using for that.
After the service I was going to go up and shake his hand and maybe chat a little.
On the way up I passed a moma and her son holding hands. I heard the little boy saying:
"I wished my Daddy would get baptised."
I know you wish these kids' parents would also come so that perhaps they could grow up in a Christian home.
You are doing your part, I know!
..

Felisol said...

Dear Terry,
You are doing the most important job I know of.
By bringing the children to Sunday School you give them a spiritual house built on solid rock.
From Felisol

Trish said...

Ahhh...we used to sing this song too Miss Terry! And as a Sunday School teacher I agree. As always, I enjoy your journey's with the little red car on Ruby Tuesday's!!!

Carole Burant said...

Hello dear Terry, I'm finally back in the land of blogging! lol Always find it hard to get back into it after being away for a few days.

How fun to see the faces behind the pumpkins:-) That is so very kind of you to pick up those kids to bring them to Sunday school. No doubt they always look forward to seeing you and your little red car turning into their driveway:-) xoxo

moosh said...

Lovely post. You seem to find red and good everywhere. HRT

Dimple said...

This is a lovely post, Terry.
Thank you for being such a cheerful, encouraging friend. I say friend because although we haven't met face to face, and we don't know much of what is going on in the other's life, you have been a friend. I hope to be one, also.
Love,
Dimple

Jada's Gigi said...

So sweet! those kids and their pumpkins!

Amrita said...

Sweet Terry, i really enjoyed this meeting with the children.

May Gos bless these little ones. What you are doing will impact them eternally.

The kids are very creative to have carved so well.

Magical Mystical Teacher said...

The jack-o-lanterns
leer at me, their faces fierce
as fierce can be—boo!