Monday, November 16, 2009

Coffee Friends On A Ruby Tuesday


go visit mary t, the teach and creator of ruby tuesday!

http://workofthepoet.blogspot.com/





we were so busy this week that we never had a chance to take any ruby tuesday pictures.
but his evening when the little red car took us out for a coffee, we truly hit the jackpot!

at the grocery store, i spotted this gentleman who we know from burger king.
i had promised him the next time we ran into him that i would take his picture just like i had done for his best friend, vince.
as he was going for coffee, i told him that bernie and i and the camera would be over to see him in a few moments.


there when we arrived, we saw him sitting beside his best friend, vince and another elderly couple.the pretty lady with her nice red coat was a little shy of getting her picture taken, but the three boys convinced her and wow..i was so glad..just look at all of the reds and rubies!



well the little lady must of liked the picture because then she let me take ANOTHER one!


our new friend convinced his buddy to have a photo taken of him and the lady's husband.
really cute if you ask me!


and finally i could hardly believe how fortunate i was when the little lady allowed me to take a picture of her and her sweetheart..i didn't centre the picture because i loved the reflection of the lady in the store window.
for sure and we had hit the ruby red jackpot!


and THIS is what i will make for these dear people....this is vince who a few weeks ago i put the picture of him on the welland canal bridge.
i will just as i had done for vince make them several pictures each, enough to give to their family and friends.
i love to do this so much and i love the happiness that it gives to these precious elderly people who are responsible for working so hard all of their lives and buiding our country into what it is and making it so much easier for their descendants ..these people are the gold of our country!

happy ruby tuesday my friends and god bless you....as mel avila alarilla, http://melavilaalarilla.blogspot.com/ my good friend from philippines usually says..god bless you always!....love terry

11 comments:

Felisol said...

Blogger Felisol said...

Dearest Terry,
you are out spreading sunshine on a gray November day.
Look at those faces, at first a bit reluctant and then opening up with the greatest smiles.
I'm sure you'll make those people even more happy and warm at heart when they get their photos.
From cradle to grave it's so important for people not only to see, but to be seen. You have that rare, unselfish gift of seeing and shining a light in people's lives.
That's one of the reasons why I love you so highly.
From Felisol

Terry said...

thank you felisol
i love you too!!...love terry

Mel Avila Alarilla said...

Hi Terry,
Thanks for the special mention in your post. I really appreciate that.
Thanks for the beautiful post. God bless you always.

Hootin Anni said...

I too love the reflection...and what a sweet looking couple.

My R T is seaworthy...OUCH! Click here

Marice said...

those are really lovely photos :) thanks for sharing!

u may view mine if u have time

Carole Burant said...

Bless your heart for your kindness towards these elderly folks:-) I so enjoyed seeing all the photos you took of them, just look at all their smiles!! That lady might have started by not wanting her picture taken but I think she was really enjoying it at the end! hehe Such beautiful white hair she has and that red coat is just perfect on her. I love what you did with Vince's picture, how cool is that!

Make sure you come by and enter my Christmas giveaway which I posted today:-) xoxo

Rose said...

I love that picture of the lady with her sweetie...enjoyed all of them.

Amrita said...

Thank you Red Riding Hood for taking us into the coffee shop. Lovely meeting Miz Terry 's friends. She makes friends so easily - has a magnetic personality you know and no one can refuse the blink of her camera.

Mr Vince is a Robert DiNiro look alike.

Miz Terry I have a photo of aubergines on my blog...you wanted to see what they look like. And red coxcombs too.

maryt/theteach said...

Terri, your shots are so wonderful! A great group of friends! How clever to put Vince on that bridge! Glad to have you stop by at my post. and I'm glad you didn't watch the turducken video - it is a bit gross! Well, Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours! :)

Jim said...

Hi Terry. I am glad you had coffee. We will thank the Little Red Car for that.
I too have been busy. One way is to stay out of Ruby Tuesday, etc, so I don't get so many comments to answer.
Happy Ruby Red (not Tuesday any more)!
..

Constance said...

I have always had a heart for older folks! Good thing becasue one day, Lord willing, I will be one as well! I think it comes from being so close to my grandma and being around my great grandma when I was a child. One day I will get back to my Genealogy Blog I promise! I have been really busy the last few months and I have to pick and choose what is going to get my attention! "The tyranny of the urgent", Chuck Swindoll calls it!

Hoping you are doing well and bringing smiles to others faces wherever you are!
Hugs,
Connie