Update Sept 17 2008...Betty was not given the pace maker today and just this evening, the doctor told her the risks of having it. He said that it would be bad if she got infection and also there would be the risk of puncturing her lung from where they have to put it. She is a little afraid but she seems to be wanting to comfort Rachel and the rest of the family more than worrying about herself. We all really need your continued prayers...Thanking you as best as I can....Love Terry
Betty is recovering from the operation, but just yesterday, they told her that she would be probably getting a pace maker put in today.
As of yet, she is still waiting to go in for this.
The doctor has to wait until he can get time in between others that were already booked.
Betty does not seem to be too worried about this.
Her son Matthew had a pace maker put in just months ago and it has been doing him good.
Betty's heart beat was 150 yesterday when she went for a little walk with Rachel and me[twenty feet at the most!]
I will keep you updated as how this minor operation goes.
I am going down in an hour with John and Little John to Hamilton.
My brother, Teddy is down visiting from Iowa and Betty will be so glad to see him!
Thanks again for your continued prayer!......Love Terry
PS Betty has given me the name of the Hamilton doctor who specializes in Myotonic Dystrophy and I am going to ask my own doctor tomorrow, if he can refer me to him.