Tuesday, June 02, 2009

Many Red, White, And Blue Flags Flying On A Sunny June Day



http://workofthepoet.blogspot.com

mary t. the teach








what can be more beautiful on a june day than a flock of american flags flying...red, white and blue!
what can be more exciting than becoming new american citizens on a sunny day in oregon?




this is exactly what happened to will greenleafs sons a year ago today.
this is such a moving ceremony!
i am not even american but when bernie and i received our passports because we never wanted to be separated from the united states, i cried with happiness.
i wonder if jeremiah and isaiah and their dad, will greenleaf cried too when the boys received their citizenship...



here are the two boys flying proudly with the american eagle!


my..how excited dad and his two american sons are....living in the land of the free!


will greenleaf is a very sweet man and he is called the curious servant by all of his many friends.
he is a teacher!




he is an artist!
this statue of liberty is one of his many paintings!



he is a father...living with his two sons in oregon!


he and his two sons jeremiah and isaiah are american citizens!
god bless them and GOD BLESS AMERICA..............love canadians bernie and terry shirkie.

13 comments:

Felisol said...

Dear Terry,
congratulations to Jeremiah and Isaiah.
They've both earned their rights to a citizenship.
May God bless them now and always.
From Felisol

David Edward said...

a beautiful colorful post!

maryt/theteach said...

Wow, this is some patriotic post, Terry. How wonderful for your friend and his sons! Happy Ruby Tuesday! :)

Dianne said...

the cermony is very moving

the top photo is so beautiful

Felisol said...

Dear Terry,
don't you ever sleep?
I wonder what the time is in Canada when we are about midday?
I wish you well.
I also wish you sound and healthy sleep.
And for Canada, that the Salvation Army may be allowed to play in public again.
I am so sad that times have become this heathen.

You should by the way take up your playing, both the piano and the guitar again.
Lots and lots of joy in music and song.

On the picture my mother and I were singing for my father, who at that time had had his brain hemorrhage.
Gunnar, being a gifted motivator, made my mother buy an electric piano short before she was 70. It turned out she remembered how to read music from school 55 years ago.
Alas, she doesn't play more now.
I wish she would.
From felisol

Constance said...

I still remember when my Mom became an American Citizen! She had been here for over 30 years, renewing her visa (or whatever it was) and made the decision. In spite of her German accent, she is as patriotic as they come! She knew she wanted to come to America ever since she was a little girl after the war and the way the American soldiers treated them!
Connie

Trish said...

Thank you, Miss Terry for this very Patriotic post! There's nothing more beautiful than Old Glory flapping in the wind!!! Congratulations...Jeremiah and Isaiah!!!

Mrs. Mac said...

I do remember you posting about this most special day for Curious Servant and his New USA citizen sons. What a happy day for rejoicing.

Curious Servant said...

Thank you for the kind words of praise!

I have a better whiteboard oic ot the Statue of Liberty in Yoville.... Just go to the Faelneerg Gallery. It's at the top if the stairs.

Felise! I think I see your footprints coming to my blog now and then, but I am not certain it is you I hope you are well.

As for patriotism and that sort of thing...Very important to me. Very moving. There are things that I feel have slipped in the heart of our nation, but we still are a fine people.

Ayway... Thank you for your company on my strange journey!

Crown of Beauty said...

What a beautiful post for RUby Tuesday. The AMerican flags are beautiful!

You have an uplifting blog, Terry, I praise God for your kind heart.

donna said...

our brother, curious servant has had quite the journey, eh Terry?
I join in remembering their victory....it was an awesome moment. My love to you and Bernie and Mom and Dad Golden....

blessings
donna

Mel Avila Alarilla said...

God bless America and the American people. May the Lord inspire the American people to return to the path of righteousness. Thanks for the post. God bless you always.

Jada's Gigi said...

You are so very sweet to remember for them.