Friday, February 22, 2008

Mrs. Mac's Winter Carving



















Revelation 3:5
He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life, but I will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels.





Dear Mrs. Mac...I didn't forget about your winter carving this year.
I took this picture a while back and have tried to find the time to put it in, and now with our precious Arlene's having gone to heaven, I thought I would use this opportunity to put it in.
What I had been really thinking of the last week or so as I have looked at the carving of your name on our front step and then to notice how as the snow slowly melted away with the warm sun rays, and your dear name disappeared, it struck my heart as I thought of it, that although your name was finally gone, that it is so precious to know that in the Lamb's book of Life that your name and our names will be forever etched in the Lord's Book and there is nothing or no-one that can blot those names out!
I am thinking of Arlene this evening...She has her name written there and now she is at home.
We will surely miss her sorely but we know that we will see her again!

1 Thessalonians 4:13But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep, that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope.

Revelation 14:13And I heard a voice from heaven saying unto me, Write, Blessed are the dead which die in the Lord from henceforth: Yea, saith the Spirit, that they may rest from their labours; and their works do follow them.


Thank you dear Amrita for letting me use your picture!

9 comments:

Mrs. Mac said...

Miss Terry ... Dear Arlene looks beautiful in that array of roses. Seems she mentioned orange flowers before her passing ... She knew His gift to her before she left us. She will be missed here this side of heaven ... but we shall meet her one day.

I have missed our playful 'snow' fun this winter. Thanks for the snow carving ... spring will be here ... maybe we can have fun with flowers, eh?

Amrita said...

This is just fantastic and so creative. Go ahead and use my pictures Miss Terry.

I don 't have enough time to enhance my picutres. But today I hope to go to a flower and garden show and take some pix there.

My computer is giving me trouble. Have to get the power supply serviced. Will cost a bit, but I will have to do it gritting my teeth.

Felisol said...

Dear Terry,
"friends for ever" that must be part of your personality.
The longer I live, the more I see that genuine friends are those who have been triend and sailed through rough waters themselves.
Arlene also was a friend who had need for others, even though her own hardships should be more than enough for anyone to cope with.
I like the old minister John Donnewho lived about he same time as did Will. Shakespeare and Queen Elisabth 1.
He had so many tragic losses of children, family and friends.
He never lost faith, but wrote words that will live on forever about friendship and death.
John Donne
Meditation 17
Devotions upon Emergent Occasions

"No man is an island, entire of itself; every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main. If a clod be washed away by the sea, Europe is the less, as well as if a promontory were, as well as if a manor of thy friend's or of thine own were. Any man's death diminishes me, because I am involved in mankind; and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls; it tolls for thee..."
Also from Felisol

Anonymous said...

Hi, sweetie!

I wrote a poem in Arlene's memory today...I will comment with it on Pals when I can. I miss her so much...thnk you for introducing her to me ;)

I hope you are doing okay!

This week (the 27th) it will be 6 yrs. since my grandpa (mom's dad) died of lung cancer.

Love and Prayers,
LPP

Pat said...

What a beautiful tribute you have posted.
Yesterday I attended Arlenes home going celebration - and that's just what it was. There were too many people to fit into the room, they spilled out into the hallways and loby to celebrate the legacy of Arlene. Her husband, Barry estimated that at least 1,000 people came to know Christ because of their witness in the prisions and on the streets. Their pastor said that number was a low estimate and should probably be doubled. What a joyful welcome this precious lady recieved when she entered those gates of Heaven! She is forever in our hearts, and one glorious day, we'll meet again!

Terry said...

Dear Miss Patty...How fortunate you and Sara were to have met Arlene in her lifetime. Yes you will see her again but the rest of us will be eagerly waiting to meet her for the first time when we see her in that bright home!...
I am just so thankful that you introduced us to her and that Donna kept us all informed..
What a great bunch the bloggers are, eh?...Love Terry

Little Pilgrim...I can't wait to see your poem...love Mrs. Shirkie

Maggie Ann said...

Dear Terry, Blessings to you and my sincere sympathy on the passing of your dear Arlene. Your post is full of beautiful truths...right from God himself. I'm rejoicing with you that our names are in the Lamb's book of life.

Jim said...

Terry, you did good again. And thank you for allowing me to find Ms. Arlene, she is being missed a lot.
..

Noel said...

Hi Terry.
Sorry to have been out of touch.
I've missed you, my dear friend. Hope all is well.