Sunday, February 10, 2008

Lost To Found!

Majestic sweetness sits enthroned
Upon the Saviour's brow;
His head with radiant glories crowned,
His lips with grace o'er flow.
His lips with grace o'er flow!

No mortal can with him compare,
Among the sons of men;
Fairer is he than all the fair
That fill the heavenly train.
That fill the heavenly train!

He saw me plunged in deep distress,
He came to my relief;
For me he bore the shameful cross,
And carried all my grief.
And carried all my grief!

To him I owe my life and breath,
And all the joys I have;
He makes me triumph over death,
And saves me from the grave.
And saves me from the grave!

To heav'n, the place of his abode,
He brings my weary feet;
Shows me the glories of my God,
And makes my joys complete.
And makes my joys complete!

Since from his bounty I receive
Such proofs of love divine,
Had I a thousand hearts to give,
Lord, they should all be thine.
Lord, they should all be thine!

9 comments:

Saija said...

grace - free to all ...
God's love - He seeks us out ...
He gave His all ...

our sweet Shephard, Jesus!

Jim said...

:-)
:-)
:-)
:-)
:-)
:-)
:-)
:-)
:-)
:-)
:-)
:-)
:-)
:-)
:-)
:-)

You know what all this means. I like your illustration too.
..

Terry said...

No I don't know what it means Jim. You will have to tell me.
I like the illustration too, That sheep is me you know!
Is it also you and Saija?
The only line I find that I can't truthfully sing is the last line.
I seem to find it too hard most of the times to give Him even ONE heart!
"Oh wretched person I am!!"....Love Terry

Amrita said...

Praise God, all the glory belongs to Him.

Visited Ron. Nice blog he has.

Happy Week to you

Terry said...

Hi Amrita....Yes by all means do visit my amazing grace man.
Bernie just loves that guy so much because that guy is always taking Bernie's part against me. Mom Golden does the very same thing!!...Love Terry

PS when Bernie and I got married Mom warned him ahead of time to put his foot down because I was spoiled rotten.
And who spoiled all of us kids?
She did of course!!!

Vicki said...

Hey Terry...just wanted to thank you for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. So appreciate your prayers. Not feeling well, but hanging in there. Will pray for your mother.
Sending love & hugs....

Vicki

Felisol said...

Dear Terry,
You don't act spoiled, that's for sure. You are both loving and caring,and I think Mom and Dad Golden are the greatest beneficiaries of your never ending help.
Hopefully are you blessed with a strong will, 'cause where there's a will, there's a way, they say.
I love the poem, but must admit, i'm alas not too humble. Maybe that's why the Lord still have to teach me some lessons.
It's a wonder that his patience has no end.
From yours Felisol

Maggie Ann said...

I've never heard this hymn before. To sing of his holiness and glory is a wonderful way to worship him!!!

Robert said...

Well...Welland! Great! I'm a Hamilton boy, born and bred. Moved to Saskatchewan about 20 years ago. (Still a fan of my Ti-Cats, along with our team out here.)

Anyway, great to read your testimony. And thanks for posting Samuel Stennett's great hymn, "Majestic Sweetness Sits Enthroned." Today is the anniversary of his death in 1795. To learn a bit more about him, check out my blog, Wordwise Hymns.

God bless.