Sunday, November 05, 2006

For Laura-Mae



I am writing this post for my new friend Laura-Mae, pretty name.
I am offering my deepest sympathy to her in the "loss" of her Grandpa D.

The words that I would like to say to you,Laura-Mae are words that have often comforted me from Wess and Susan Adams, "You havent't lost something if you know where it is".

It must be a great comfort to you. "Pretty Name" that your dear Grandpa is right now with his Lord and Saviour and is spending his frst Lord's Day in heaven, looking right into the lovely face of Jesus, as he is praising Him!

Take comfort dear Laura-Mae, you WILL see him again.....with love from your friend, Terry



ps..This beautiful picture was taken, June of this year as Grandpa D's family celebrated Fathers Day with him....such an important day in his life!

6 comments:

Mrs. Mac said...

What a sweet way to remember your dear friend and her grandpa that is rejoicing in heaven!

Anonymous said...

That was an encouraging message to me, too, Terry. My father died November 1 last year. I haven't lost him because I know where he is. Thank you to you and to Wess and Susan Adams for that quote.

Terry said...

Dear Mrs. Mac and Sabine..

I haven't heard from Laura-Mae yet as her granpa just went home this last Wednesday.
She has posted such a lovely poem about in on her blogspot.
She is at "A Perfecting Love blogspot" .

Thank you so much for your comments!

We can, as Christians all sing in truth this hymn;

"I'm but a stranger here,
Heaven is my home!
Earth is a desert drear;
Heaven is my home!
Danger and sorrow stand
Round me on ev'ry hand;
Heav'n is my fatherland,
Heaven is my home."

We sing it to the tune, "Nearer My God to Thee"
What a fitting tune for dear Laura-Mae at this time as she will be truly missing her dear grandpa.
She will surley feel her Lord's nearness.

"There at my Saviour's side;
Heaven is my home!
I shall be glorified;
Heaven is my home!
There with the good and blest,
Those I've loved most and best,
I shall forever rest;
Heaven is my home."

....Love Terry

Anonymous said...

Miss Terry,
Death seems for FINAL to some, but to us "the Christians" it is only the beginning. Yes, we have the "Blessed Hope" in knowing we shall see our loved ones again. We shall behold them with our Savior.
With the Joy of Jesus Inside,
Susan Adams

Laura said...

Terry,

Wow, thanks for this post, it was so encouraging!

your friend,

LauraMae

Anonymous said...

Hi Terry
Your blogger is really is really nice. You never seem to run out of ideas. I'll have get those birds of mine on the blog.
Love Grace