Monday, March 01, 2010

Dreaming Of Spring On A Ruby Tuesday Winter Day

http://workofthepoet.blogspot.com


this is what the city has been facing the last week or so and it kind of makes us long for spring to come along its way..
ronald macdonald seems to be enjoying the sudden onslaught of snow but i sure am not
!

brrr...!!!even a hot cup of macdonalds' coffee doesn't unchill the body!


no use of going to the colonel's for hot fried chicken either...
best place to be heading to is home and a hot tub!


now, this will be more like it..the welland bridge spanning the cool blue water of the welland canal.
the bridge will soon become the giant diving board from which the teenagers will be diving off into the water for a refreshing dip.
winter far from their minds!



oh the sheer luxury of the whole thing!



this red apartment building is shedding its reflection on the still waters.


the waters become even smoother as the spring sun gradually sinks.
can you see the sun rays shining on the top window, changing the pane into a dazzling jewel?



this white building used to be the home of our city paper but now houses lawyers offices.


across the canal is the senior citizens apartment building.


and i am sure that these dear folks are dreaming of sweet spring, just as i am, as they gaze at the shimmering water from their windows.

oh how i long for the spring!!
happy ruby tuesday to you all....love terry

15 comments:

Tussy said...

McDonald & KFC are commonly seen here too.. They have very inviting red for sure!

My Bangkok Through My Eyes

CafebyJW said...

McDonald & KFC are commonly seen here too.. They have very inviting red for sure

Corry said...

Those are some beautiful pictures. Send some snow over here, we would love to have it!

(((HUGS)))

God's Grace.

Felisol said...

Dear Terry,
How beautiful your Welland is, with the harmonious flow running through.
I'd never dare to dive from the bridge though.
Most likely I'd did my toes from that lovely green river bank.

Your town looks so neat and tidy.
Must be a good place to live. I guess by the amount of snow, that the climate is similar to ours.

Our pavements are so icy, I dare hardly walk there.
Now I'm longing for spring and flowers.
From Felisol

Auntie E said...

Great lens captures. I like the sun captured on the building.Happy RT
My Ruby Link for you

GreensboroDailyPhoto said...

We're Ruby Tuesday neighbors. YOu posted just after we did. We love to visit neighbors. That picture of Ronald M. in the snow is so cute. And oh........... spring. We're ready for it too!

Jan
GDP

Hootin Anni said...

Spring IS here....come on down!! It's supposed to be 75 degrees today.

My R T today is A Ruby Ship's Bollard This is my invitation for you to come pay me a visit if you can find time!!

Have a super, great day!

Amrita said...

Lovely sharp pictures Terry. Oh pleaase send us some cool weather, its already so hot here. I could use some snow. Have the fan on.

♥ Kathy said...

I love it Terry! It just started snowing here for the second time...we are having a weird, weird winter! Happy Ruby Tuesday ♥

Dimple said...

Hi Terry,
It was good to find your comments, I really enjoy finding your name in my moderation box.
It looks like spring will be a welcome time in your town! The summer shots you posted are really nice. I spent a summer long ago in Kingston, Montreal, and Vancouver-it was a lot of fun. That was when I was young and footloose!
Here's hoping the little red car gets some sunshine soon!
Love,
Dimple

Jim said...

We are having it cool down here too, Terry. But no snow that stayed till morning.

I like your snow pictures, it is pretty if you don't have to be out in it.
Your reds are nice too, especially the reflections. My mother-in-law used to call those senior citizens apartment buildings 'chicken coups.' No way did she want to go live in one of those. I don't think I do either, if I can help it.

Happy RT! :)
..

Marice said...

love the photos! and ronald looks like hes enjoying the snow really :) hugs from me to keep you warm!

u may view mine here

Mrs. Mac said...

Nice lazy spring days just ahead Miss Terry ... you'll be able to run through the grass barefoot ... with that Bernie fellow not far behind;) May this post keep the thought of spring and all its glory at the forefront of your mind ... until one day ... it's just as you've posted.

Terry said...

aw is that the idaho lilac princess commenting here?
thanks mrs. mac!!...love terry

Carole Burant said...

Wow, you have more snow in Welland than we do here in Sudbury. Now that's a switch! lol I loved seeing your pictures, so familiar to me since I go to Welland so often during the summer months:-) Must try to plan a visit to meet you!!! xoxo