Monday, November 30, 2009

Ruby Tuesday Christmas Soon?


http://workofthepoet.blogspot.com/ take a trip to see mary the teach and you will be glad that you did!



well if this little tree wants snow and christmas to come...it surely looks like he DOESN'T to me!
every tree in our neighborhood is bare, but this little guy still has his autumn golden finery on!


well the little red car was wanting to see some signs of christmas so it drove bernie and me to harveys' in port colborne.
this is what we found there.
on a small table, there was in place a box of coloured magic markers, small white plastic take- out cups and a pile of small red strings to loop through the cups.
now of course this was for the children customers to use to make decorations for the tree, but bernie and i are young at heart and so we played along!
here is bernie's finished product.


and here is mine!


ready to hang on the tree.


now i must tell you that bernie had wanted to put "bah! humbug!" on his but i sternly told him that he had better not dare!
here is that christmas grinch now, looking so inncocent as he places the decoration on the tree along with the other "kids" creations!

god bless you all and thank you our beloved teach, mary for the the new pair of ruby christmas shoes...love terry

12 comments:

Felisol said...

Dear Terry,
may you always remain young at heart. You made me laugh, even though I originally felt kind of sad when I came here.
You shone a Christmas light into my heart!
From Felisol

marian said...

those paper cup make sweet chrissy decorations :)

Hootin Anni said...

How interesting. A long time ago, I made paper stars, dipped them into melted wax and then sprinkled them with glitter....made some beautiful decorations for the tree. I wish I could remember how to make them....

Loved this post.

Happy Tuesday....my Ruby entry is also holiday--a continuation of one I did several weeks ago...it's finished now, and decorating our mantle!! come see HERE

Magical Mystical Teacher said...

Tiny take-out cup
decorated, then hung up
on the Christmas tree!

My Ruby Tuesday

Constance said...

Gorgeous tree! We are having one of the most colorful Autumns ever since we had so much rain in Sept and Oct. Of course that's not saying much since we usually get various shades of BROWN and that's it!

I don't think your fella is a real grinch at all! I just think he's a kid at heart!
Connie

Amrita said...

Good idea ....making christmas bells with paper cups.They look nice.

Won 't Red Riding Hood like one too?

Dimple said...

Dear Terry,
These Christmas decorations are precious! And I loved how Bernie wanted to put Bah, Humbug on his: that is exactly what my husband says every time he is wished a merry Christmas! Maybe they're related!
You didn't say how you intended to comment on my Bible blog, but if it's different from what you just did, I'm sure I will find out! Thank you for your encouragement.
God bless!

donna said...

This was a fun post to read....you and Bernie have such fun together....blessings to both of you...and oh...give mom golden a hug from me...

love and hugs to you
donna

Marites said...

Oh, i so love the defiant red tree. It's so eyecatching! can't help but smile at your christmas deco and the innocent bernie:) happy rT!

Saija said...

*smiling*

Trish said...

Well, I must say that Bernie is very artistic! And I love that idea. Hmmm...maybe the Grandbabies would enjoy this craft?
You, Miss Terry will always be young at heart and I just love that about you!
Thank you for the smiles!!!

Carole Burant said...

Awwww what a great idea for Harvey's to have...wonder if they're doing that here as well, will have to check it out:-) You two did a fabulous job decorating those little cups and I would have certainly decorated one as well! hehe xoxo