Friday, August 10, 2007

Homesick For Heaven


I'VE NEVER BEEN THIS HOMESICK BEFORE


There's a light in the windowAnd the table's set in splendor

Someone's standing by the open door (open door)

I can see a crystal river

Oh I must be near forever

And I've never been this homesick before


Chorus:See the bright light shine

It's just about hometime

I can see my Father standing at the door

This world has been a wilderness

I'm headed for deliverance

Lord, I've never been this homesick before


I can see the family gather

Sweet faces, there all familiar

But no one's old or feeble anymore (never grow old)

Oh this lonesome heart is cryin'

Think I'll spread my wings for flyin'

Lord, I've never felt this homesick before.

Lord, I've never been this homesick before.
Thank you Felisol for the photo...

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Mrs. Shirkie,
Is this song by Greater Vision? I really like it, it sounds like a country song I heard several years ago on my cousin's favorite "Positive Country" station.

Your Little Montreal Girl

P.S When is your sister going to post something? She said a picture a week :) or is she waiting for you to hack her site again?!

Anonymous said...

THANK YOU for taking the time to post both here and my post at Pals...you are a blessing, and you better believe it, or I am goingto have to walk Nemo all the way to Welland one day just to tell you so ;)

Lil Pilgrim Pal

Anonymous said...

Oh, wow, the added picture from Saija's really does it...beautiful!

jel said...

I love that song!


Curious Servant needs our prayers!

thank you!

Unknown said...

Thank you Terry:-)

Love,

Justin

Felisol said...

Dear Terry,
I have no sisters. but I have you, sister in spirit.
How very spacial that we, somewhat weary Pilgrims, are writing with the same headlines at the same time.
It encourages me. The spirit have no boudaries by place and time.
I'm praying for you, Earnie, Momand Dad Golden, that you all may soon be out of the dark tunnell. And I praise the Lord for Dad Golden seeking comfort in him.
Yours Felisol

Sara said...

terry, you are reading my heart. i have been almost constantly yearning for heaven lately. i'm ready.

Pat said...

We are truly sisters in the Lord Terry....this very song has been playing in my mind the last few days, only I couldn't remember all the words (old aged does that!). I grow more homesick for Heaven daily - no more tears when we see Jesus face to face!! I can hardly wait.

Curious Servant said...

I ache to be there.

Vicki said...

Sending love, warm hugs, and many heartfelt prayers for you, Terry. Thanking God for your friendship.

Cindy Swanson said...

I've always loved that song! Didn't Dottie Rambo write it?